Rhonda always longed for a house with these, but a new house suited us better. Recently, she has wanted to change the color of every room downstairs, so I thought it would be a good time to do some bodywork. I didn't have a digital camera as I built them, or I would have taken some progress photos. I cut them from 1/4 inch plywood, screwed braces between the two pieces, then screwed the braces to the wall. Then I stapled window screen between the arches, and then the bodywork began.
Power tool acquired: Makita jig saw
This is right as you walk in the front door and look left. The banisters and stairway would be on the right.
This is essentially the same view, just looking deeper.
Next step: painting!